streamline your operations, improve productivity
april 28 2021
a manufacturing company, headquartered in osaka, japan, was founded in 1899. it specializes in the production and sales of beer, wine (whiskey, etc.), wine, and soft drinks.
at present, a manufacturing company, which has a history of 120 years, has branches and offices in more than 40 countries and regions such as china, the united states, the united kingdom, and canada, and has more than 50,000 staff.
as a japanese company famous for innovation, a manufacturing company has always regarded technology as one of the important strategies for corporate development. entering the digital era, the company kept pace and became the earliest group of japan to actively implement rpa.
in order to successfully deploy rpa, a manufacturing company established an rpa center of excellence across departments within the company to help staff learn rpa technology more systematically. the human resources department and it department worked together to promote the deployment of rpa. in just a few weeks, the company completed the poc test and formally deployed rpa in the sales department in february 2017.
before deploying rpa
1. sales staff must manually collect the retail data, performance reports, product information and other data of all competing products on the market.
2. the process is tedious and repetitive, which consumes about 70% of the staff time.
3. manually collecting data cannot guarantee 100% accuracy and real-time, and the collected data may not be suitable for the market environment.
after deploying rpa
1. the rpa robot automatically extracts relevant data through the data collection address provided by the sales staff.
2. rpa will automatically store the collected data in the specified file and send it to the employee via email. the staff only needs to check the final result.
by deploying rpa, the data collection efficiency of the sales department is greatly improved, the accuracy and timeliness of the data is guaranteed, and a large amount of labor and time costs are saved.
in addition to the sales department, a manufacturing company also promoted rpa to the financial and personnel departments. to this end, the company can save nearly 40,000 man-hours per year, save 1.4 billion yen in labor costs, and improve work efficiency by more than 52%. today, the company has deployed more than 200 rpa robots and automated more than 60 business processes.
it is estimated that by the end of 2019, rpa can save a manufacturing company nearly 120,000 man-hours, which will greatly improve the overall efficiency of the company’s business.
in addition, a manufacturing company has begun to combine rpa and ai to process more complex unstructured data through artificial intelligence technologies such as nlp (natural language processing) and ml (machine learning) to achieve more business areas and more advanced automation.